The SC/ST Cell was established with the financial assistance of UGC. This cell helps in providing amelioration to SC/ST students of Gulbarga University by giving scholarships and financial assistance which are as shown below:
- An amount of Rs. 600/-pm is paid to each of the SC/ST students towards extra boarding and lodging charges by the University of which Rs.510/- is reimbursed by Social Welfare Department.
- An amount of Rs.2200/-pm per student and annual contingency grant of Rs.2500/- is sanctioned as financial assistances to the SC/ST students registered for Ph.D. for three years and an amount of Rs.2000/- for M.Phil. courses with annual contingency grant of Rs.2500/-
- TA/DA to attend conferences is paid to all the P.G. students and Teachers belonging to SC/ST category.
- Cash prize of Rs. 1000/- is sanctioned to SC/ST students who have secured First Class in their final year Examination UG and PG including P.G. Diploma and M.Phil.
- Fee concession is given to all SC/ST students and tuition fee concession for other categories of students except general merit.