DEPARTMENT OF P.G. STUDIES AND RESEARCH IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION
|B.P.Ed.||50||Two Semesters (One year)||Any graduate|
|M.P.Ed.||30||Four Semesters (Two years)||B.P.Ed.|
|M.P.Ed. (Vacation)||40||Four Semesters (Four years)||B.P.Ed. and 3 years experience|
|M.Phil.||02||One year (Full time) Two years (Part time)||As per University norms|
|Ph.D.||12||Minimum 3 years Maximum 5 years||As per University norms|
Fee Structure: (See Fee Notification)
Course Outline (B.P.Ed.)
|I Semester||II Semester|
|1.1||History of Physical Education||2.1||Health Education|
|1.2||Philosophical Foundation of Physical Education||2.2||Principles of Officiating and Coaching|
|1.3||Methods of Physical Education||2.3||Organization and Administration of Physical Education|
|1.4||Anatomy and Physiology||2.4||Supervision and Recreation in Physical Education|
Course Outline (M.P.Ed.)
|I Semester||II Semester|
|1.1||Research Methods in Physical Education||2.1||Evaluation in Physical Education|
|1.2||Elementary Statistics and Computer Application in Physical Education||2.2||Sports Management|
|1.3||Training Methods in Physical Education||2.3||Sports Psychology|
|1.4||Curriculum Design in Physical Education||2.4||Physiology of Exercise|
|III Semester||IV Semester|
|3.1||Sports Journalism||4.1||Guidance and Counselling|
|3.3||Yoga Education||4.3||Area of Specialization|
|3.4||Adaptive Physical Education||4.4||Track and Field|
|S. No.||Name / Phone No. / E-mail||Designation||Qualification||Specialization|
|1||Dr. C.R. Bhairaddy
+91 8472 231014 (R)
+91 984422542 (Cell)
|Sr. Scale Lecturer||M.P.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Kho-Kho|
|2||Dr. M.S. Pasodi
+91 8472 250087 (R)
+91 9448140078 (Cell)
|Sr. Scale Lecturer||M.P.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Volley ball, Badminten|
|3||Sri A.K. Shakeel
+91 8472 228082 (R)
+91 9880303055 (Cell)
|Lecturer||M.P.Ed., NIS||Football, Hockey|
|4||Dr. N.G. Kannur
+91 9448414223 (Cell)
|Sr. Scale Lecturer||M.S.W., M.P.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Cricket, Kabaddi|
Sports Management, Sports Psychology, Case Study.
Research Publications / Books
1. International -
2. National - 02
3. Any others -
4. Books - 04
1. Ph.D. - 02
2. M.Phil. - 08
Inter-University Tournaments Organised
1. South-West Zone and All India Inter-University Kho-Kho Tournament for Women from 20th to 29th January 1989.
2. All India Inter-University Ball- Badminton Tournament for Women from 4th to 9th February 1990.
3. South Zone Inter-University Cross-Country Race for Men & Women from 10th October 1990.
4. South Zone Inter-University Volleyball Tournament for Men from 16th to 20th November 1990.
5. South-West Zone Inter-University Basketball Tournament for Men 4th to 8th November 1991 .
6. South Zone and All India inter-University Cricket Tournament for Men from 4th to 22nd January 1992.
7. South zone Inter-University football Tournament for Men from 20th to 25th November 1992.
8. South- West Zone Inter-University Kabaddi Tournament for Women from 2nd to 6th November 1993.
9. South-West Zone Inter-University Kabaddi Tournament for Men from 15th to 19th November 1994.
10. South-Zone Inter-University Hockey Tournament for Men from 18th to 23rd December 1995.
11. International Inter-University Cricket Tournament for Men from 18th September 1996.
12. South Zone Inter-University Kabaddi Tournament for Men from 13th to 17th October 1997.
13. National Throwball Championship senior Men and Women from 25th to 27th October 1997.
14. All India Inter-University Ball-Badminton Tournament for Men from 13th to 17th January 1998.
15. South- West Zone Kho-Kho Tournament for Men from 13th to 17th October 1998 .
16. Himalaya Yoga Olympiad (Karnataka State Yoga Championship) from 19th to 20th November 1998 .
17. South Zone and all India Inter-University Cricket Tournament for Men from 7th to 23rd January 1999 .
18. South West Zone & All India Inter-University Kho-Kho Tournament for Women from 22M to 29th November 1999 .
19. South-West Zone All India Inter-University Tournament for Men from 16th to 19th January 2002.
20. 63rd All India Inter-University Athletic Championship for Men & Women from 16th to 21st January 2003.
21. South Zone Inter-University Cross-Country Race for Men & Women from 10th September 2004 .
22. South Zone Inter-University Table-Tennis Tournament for Men & Women from 15th to 17th December 2005 .
23. All India Inter-University Wrestling Championship for Men & Women from 18th to 22nd December 2006.
All types of facilities for Teaching and Research.